Saturday, August 11, 2012

Short scenes for camera (acting) classes, 4

Feel free to use this (and make suggestions), but please include website address if printing out.


JEN COMES IN TO MARK HOLDING HIS MANUSCRIPT.

MARK
So?

JEN
It’s great. Powerful, vivid. It really carries you along.

MARK
But?

JEN
All these characters look like recognizable locals. ‘Pete Piddick’? Paul Potter.

MARK
So?

JEN
You’re saying these people would turn a blind eye to that sort of crime now.

MARK
They would if they could.

JEN
Who? That you’ve met?

MARK
I didn’t accept this residency so I could shirk controversy, right? To have people say 'he always runs away from a fight'. I’m sick of being seen like that. I want this to make a mark.

JEN
It’ll do that.

MARK
Oh, and you think that’d be a shame? (PAUSE) I thought you said it was good.

JEN
It is. It is. It’s brilliant.

MARK
Good then. So what was your news?

JEN
Ah, well that too is special. Guess what? I’m pregnant.

MARK
It’s mine?

JEN
OF COURSE IT’S YOURS!

www.gordonkaltonwilliams.com

No comments:

Post a Comment