Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Scenes for camera (acting) classes, 2


Feel free to use this (and make suggestions), but please include website address if printing out.
 
GRANT HAS JUST PLACED TWO OF LIZ’S HEAVING SUITCASES IN ‘HER’ ROOM.

LIZ
Grant, I am sorry.

GRANT
What for?

LIZ
For having been rude.

GRANT
Oh, that’s okay. Don’t worry about it.

LIZ
No, no, no. You can’t let me off that easily. I had no right to come in and comment on your flat the moment I arrived.

GRANT
Look, if it’s true –

LIZ
It’s no excuse. The whole reason I’ve come to Sydney is to change my repetitive behaviour patterns and the one I most have to change is insensitive criticism of other people’s taste. I have to get used to the fact that the world hasn’t been made for me (well, no, I don’t actually believe that either: I believe the world has been made for each and every one of us if we want to believe that). But I have to accept that the world hasn’t been ready-made for me and I may have to work for what I want, and so, okay, when I came to Sydney I expected sunshine and light, and your place is miserably dank and dark, but I don’t think you should have to change - not unless you want to.

GRANT
Let’s just drop it eh?

LIZ
And I’m sorry about that crack about you being a typical little bachelor.

GRANT
When did you say that? What could have prompted that?

LIZ
As long as you’re not going to throw me out as soon as I’ve arrived.

GRANT
Was that the last of your stuff in the car?

LIZ
Just my water filter. I’ll get it.

from Part of the Course, written for NIDA 1988
www.gordonkaltonwilliams.com

No comments:

Post a Comment