Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A bit of drama


I loved this article by Hugh Laurie on what he likes about Los Angeles. He shares a lot of my enthusiasm.

 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/northamerica/usa/losangeles/10260419/Hugh-Lauries-Los-Angeles.html


But I guess I shouldn't be too Pollyanna-ish.

Today as I walking past the local high school I noticed three police cars parked outside the school. They were in a formation (two parallel either side of the entrance arches, one perpendicular on the kerb) which suggested regular attendance at hometime.

And then, the other day I saw this:

Curfew sign, LA
I don't recall seeing anything like this in benign Australia (perhaps the prohibition on liquor signs or anti liquor trafficking signs in Central Australia are closest). On the other hand, these are among the features that give this city its friction and intruiguing drama.


No comments:

Post a Comment